Thursday, March 12, 2009

Since my last blog, I attended the 2009 County Judges and Commissioners Conference to get my requisite 16 hours of continuing education. The sessions were mostly obvious information however there were some very good sessions. The main thing I learned was how fortunate we are to have a functional and cooperative county government in Titus Co. From the questions asked at some of the sessions, it was obvious that some counties have severe problems with the duties and responsibilities of various office holders. It seems the "good ole boys" network is still around in some counties. Trust me, I have only been in office for two months, but I have yet to see anything other than normal disagreements and a cooperative attitudes.
While I was away, the crew worked some more on CR1550, CR1670 and did some much needed clean out of equipment sheds and the county office during the rains.

No comments:

Post a Comment